T & E and AP Specialist
At Catalina, the innovative spirit that’s been part of our DNA for over 30 years is what we look for in the talented people we hire. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, this role oversees and supports the end-to-end domestic expense report process, executes month end close processes, provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers and participates in the implementation and enhancement of applicable systems. In addition, this position supports accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices. We value continuous ideas and suggestions from our team to further streamline processes and procedures.
- Review and audit employee expense reports, assuring compliance with the Corporate Travel & Expense Policy in a timely manner
- Monitor and review with management metrics such as policy violations, credit card transactions not processed, delinquencies, delayed manager approval, overall spend and adherence to established spend limits
- Review and generate assigned month end reports, T & E accrual report and prepare required journal entries and account reconciliations
- Administer Catalina accounts with AMEX, Concur Travel and Uber for Business by activating and cancelling employees’ accounts to ensure appropriate and timely access and monitoring overall account activity
- Recommend revisions to Travel and Expense policy, procedures and guidelines
- Review, determine spend category and ensure timely approval of invoices for assigned group of suppliers
- Match invoices to purchase order details and resolve exceptions for assigned group of suppliers
- Process periodic settlement runs for payments to Corporate Card company, employees and suppliers
- Drive continuous improvement by supporting management initiatives, system upgrades, new system implementations and developing and documenting new processes
- Create and update user training guides and educate employees on travel and expense reimbursement processes
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to all customer inquiries
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent education required. College degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in shared service environment overseeing the travel and expense management process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with ERP and AMEX systems preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment with competing, multiple priorities
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel is required, including Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP
- Global travel and expense report processing experience helpful
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.