Systems Engineer II
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for a variety of production and nonproduction systems internationally as part of the Technology organization. Platforms managed by the team include cloud services, virtualization, Windows servers, Linux servers, storage, backups, authentication services, and databases. Our team strives to provide actionable solutions engineering to meet the demands of Catalina’s global business. The incumbent for this position will report to the Director of Cloud Engineering.
- Lead efforts to establish automated cloud provisioned systems for on premise and public cloud offering
- Engage with the EA function to ensure that Systems Engineering designs are in line with current and future platform needs and requirements
- Develop and maintain financial investment guidance models for performance specific investments to ensure effective use of capital
- Participate in projection and annual budgeting processes to accomplish desired financial goals
- Engage and manage external vendors/outsourcing partners to enhance team capabilities and execution abilities
- Build a risk model to identify key performance risks and manage/mitigate effectively
- Engage in Catalina’s technology roadmap development
- Engineer and manage the installation, configuration, and tuning of cloud infrastructure components
- Provide analysis of the hybrid cloud environment and perform the necessary actions to avoid deficiencies and service interruptions
- Respond to major incidents and other conference calls in support of IT business processes
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent platform systems provisioning, uptime, and regulatory compliance
- Manage and provide current platform usage statistics and provide future projected growth estimates
- Lead efforts towards cloud systems consolidation and cleanup
- Assist in developing and maintaining platform life cycle management technology
- Foster, maintain and enhance the existing Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) using principle of least privilege
- Advise business units on platform and resource utilization
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of technical expertise in managing private and public cloud resources – VMware and Microsoft Azure
- Automation experience leveraging tools such as Salt, Puppet, Ansible, or SCCM
- Professional scripting experience with languages such as Python, BASH, and or PowerShell
- Strong technical, leadership, communication, and financial skills
- Experience working with and troubleshooting network configurations utilizing multiple subnets and VLANs
- Vendor certifications from Microsoft, VMware, Red Hat, and Cisco
- Technical expertise in Windows systems management – Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Technical expertise in Linux systems management – Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Ability to lift, carry, and manipulate physical systems components of up to 50 pounds.
- Some travel within state approximately once per season.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.