Sr. Financial Analyst - Strategic Initiatives
Catalina is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team supporting the Global Finance Organization and Company Strategy. In this role you will lead all financial planning, analysis, modeling and reporting for the Analytics Organization, with a focus on Data Monetization and Alternative Revenue Streams. You will cultivate strategic partnerships across the organization, possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, and drive Catalina’s business through strategic, and financial thought leadership. You will also lead decision support and other financial analytics to tackle big picture challenges, answer key business questions, and drive decision making. Reporting to the VP, Global Finance you will be part of a high-performing team and be expected to lead and take ownership of your areas of responsibility. The ideal candidate will leverage their expertise to collaborate across multiple functions, explore and embrace opportunities for doing things in new ways, and will initiate improvements in a variety of work processes to increase efficiency.
- Perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis to support conclusions, evaluate investments, and influence decisions, including projects such as market segmentation and sizing, market trend and competitive landscape analyses, client portfolio analyses, business and financial modeling, operations analyses, etc.
- Support management on digital & other new product initiatives aligned with corporate strategy.
- Provide thought leadership and coordinate with functional departments to support the development of multiple lines of businesses, products, & markets.
- Support the identification, due diligence, valuation, and execution of new business opportunities.
- Oversee reporting and KPIs for respective business lines.
- Review KPIs and collaborate with management throughout investment decision making process.
- Identify, frame, and prioritize the analysis of complex business issues and opportunities to advance company priorities, growth and long-range plans.
- Leverage best practices to collaborate with cross-functional teams frequently including product, analytics, and sales to produce analyses and recommendations.
- Effectively manage many competing priorities.
- Develop management team ready work product and support the presentation of materials in a persuasive thoughtful manner.
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders.
- Support external engagements with clients, vendors, advisors, and other third parties as needed.
- Provide ad hoc financial model support as needed.
- Bachelors in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA or CPA preferred
- 3-5+ years of progressive financial management experience
- Data and Analytics industry experience highly preferred
- Experience managing financial planning, financial modeling and analysis, and capital planning/treasury exposure
- Strong business acumen and intuitive problem-solving skills
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts such as revenue and expense recognition, accruals, prepaids, etc.
- Adept at prioritization (time management, managing multiple projects) and understanding sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to C-level executives
Additional Preferred Skills
- Understanding of digital media/promotion and digital advertising
- Understanding of Retail and CPG operations within Grocery, Drug and/or Mass
- Understanding of Data Monetization within the Retail and CPG Industry
- Ability to develop and maintain consultative relationships with various constituents
- Focus on achieving results, breaking down barriers & silos, and sharing credit
- Possesses a natural curiosity to ask questions, learn, and challenge the status quo
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work and interact well with others, able to develop and maintain positive cross-functional working relationships
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.