Sr Director, Software Development/Engineering
Data and information are core assets of the enterprise and Catalina’s ability to successfully aggregate, productize and monetize these assets more effectively is critical. The company has invested in attracting a world class team of industry leaders to drive this effort. In order to execute on the next stage of its strategy, the company is now seeking a world class development leader who will build a best in category engineering team based on practices including Agile and other contemporary methodologies.
The Director, Software Engineering leads the definition, development, and delivery of the company’s commercial products, services, and capabilities. Reporting to the CTO, the Director, Software Engineering drives strategy, innovation, delivery and best practices for the company. The candidate will use their expertise to design innovative solutions to create significant value while owning the architecture of the end to end platform. This position requires an engaging, innovative, and collaborative leadership approach. The candidate must demonstrate a proven ability to work with other leaders across multiple functional areas including Sales, Product Management, Delivery Engineering, and Operations setting the best balance between technology strategies and organizational priorities.
- Partner with cross-functional core stakeholders, to lead the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the software specifications into working product outcomes
- Interface with multiple technology groups, who are responsible for developing the infrastructure and software products that are used to build and operate our service delivery platforms
- Ability to commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines, with a proven track record for timely, cost-effective and quality deliverables
- Align technology to business strategy, and proactively drive a technical direction throughout the organization
- Manage multiple teams consisting of both full time employees and contract employees and senior level technical individuals
- Document and comply with processes following a mix of agile and other applicable methodologies
- Partners with internal organization and vendors to develop multi-year roadmaps influencing the direction and evolution of the operating environment and support protocols
- Advocates for change across the organization. Ensures the implementation of change with appropriate communications, goals, resources, metrics, and reviews.
- Directly manages geographically dispersed US engineering teams comprised of both Catalina employees and 3rd party vendors
- Stays abreast of industry trends, tools and technologies keeping innovation at the forefront
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent
Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience with at least 8 years of supervisory experience.
Marketing Technology, Advertising Technology, Loyalty program experience helpful but not required.
Demonstrated experiences in reporting and management of complex organizations through utilization of appropriate metrics / tools.
In-depth understanding of Java, NodeJS, Hadoop, No-SQL, open source relational database technologies and hardware with an emphasis on high volume/performance transactional systems
Experienced with hosting and operating high performance systems including their infrastructure, service levels, in both hosted and cloud environments
Strong leadership and experience sourcing, overseeing, and managing vendors
Proven ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned products and projects
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proven ability to relate technical issues to non-technical leadership and staff.
Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
Ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
Strong Project Management with track record of on-time, on budget and high-quality implementations.
Ability to attract, retain, engage and develop teams in a fast-paced, transformational environment
Ensure there is a focus on accountability and performance, with clear line of sight between organization strategy and individual goals
Without fail, embody Catalina values
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.