Senior Learning Manager
The Senior Learning Manager will be a member of the Global Learning and Development team, also known as Catalina University, managing aspects of learning design, development, execution and measurement focused on the enablement of the knowledge, tools and skills that help functional representatives succeed. The position will report to the Executive Director, Global Learning and Organization Development. This team is a key contributor to the transformation of Catalina’s culture to support its strategy and strategy execution and to developing talent to drive strategy execution. The team is responsible for engaging employees and helping them with the learning and resources they need to perform to their full potential and thrive personally and professionally.
The Senior Learning Manager will empower the Catalina organization to deliver results, through quality adult learning experiences, knowledge & skill development tied to Catalina’s strategic objectives. This role is responsible for the full learning life cycle from needs assessment through delivery, specifically, the following:
- Provide thought leadership on effective methods of training delivery methodology.
- Demonstrate leadership and influence skills in driving alignment and prioritization of learning programs and initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and deliver/facilitate in-person and web-based Learning and Development strategies, solutions and content for functional teams based on identified development needs.
- Assist with the Catalina’s leadership development programs.
- Define learning goals for assigned training initiatives.
- Develop training curricula (including eLearning), facilitator & participant guides and other related materials that meet identified learning goals.
- Develop and manage a coaching program for functional leaders for sustainment of learning.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Regularly meet with internal business clients to fully understand their business strategies and learning needs, and proactively identify opportunities for integrated learning solutions.
- Function as a Learning Administrator in Catalina’s Learning Management System.
- Compile tests and other evaluations to be used to measure learning and performance as a result of learning initiatives to ensure effective skill building.
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the Learning and Development team.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, can be supplemented with equivalent years of experience.
- At least 8 years of experience in a professional training position developing and delivering content to targeted audiences, preferably CPG and Retail training experience.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practice, facilitation and training techniques, and instructional design methods.
- A successful track record of designing, building and launching training and adult learning experiences.
- Ability to adapt training to meet market needs.
- Ability to work autonomously yet collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding and complex work environment.
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other presentation applications needed to produce effective presentations and reference materials.
- Strong problem-solving, multitasking, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills both in-person and in a virtual environment.
- Ability to manage the classroom environment to facilitate learning.
- Ability to coach adult learners in the learning environment.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Familiarity and experience with eLearning applications such as Articulate, Captivate, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with Learning Management Systems, ideally Cornerstone on Demand.
- Technical, Analytical or Operations management experience.
- Public speaking experience.
- Deep understanding of consumer products (CPG/Retail) promotions, marketing, couponing and digital media.
- Familiarity and experience with evaluation models such as the Kirkpatrick Evaluation model.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.