A rich digital and data playground where you can apply your analytics talents—that’s what you can expect to find on the Data Science and Analytics team at Catalina. Here, you will proactively generate impactful, sustainable technology solutions to gain deep insights into purchasing behavior. As part of a dynamic team, you will be challenged and supported as you drive insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Full Time
- Travel: Occasional
What makes a successful Data Science and Analytics employee at Catalina?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Analytical 10
- Results-driven 9
- Digitally Savvy 9
- Communicator 8
- Critical Thinker 8
- Strategic 7
Retirement Plans (With Match)
Flexible Time Off
Healthy Work/ Life Balance
Catalina is such a great place to leverage data science. Our shopper data is vast and granular, and our clients face an increasingly competitive landscape. The opportunities to help are endless.Wes Chaar, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer
Senior Big Data Developer
The mission of the Analytics Architecture team is to enable analytics at scale. We do this by making sure the Analytics and Data Science teams have the necessary Cloud Infrastructure, Tools and Data to execute their research and development of machine learning/AI models. We then work to implement these models into the larger technology infrastructure. The team is the link between Analytics business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its IT strategy
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture
- Provides enterprise blueprints for database architecture, access layer designs, data movement, and database deployment
- Collaborate in the development of the enterprise strategy, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities. Consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities
- Install and configure Data Science tooling (R/Python/Data Bricks/Keras)
- Data: Develop Data Ingestion and Machine learning pipelines
- Research, identify and internally market enabling data management technologies based on business and end-user requirements
- Seek ways to apply new technology to business processes with a focus on modernizing our approach to data management. Research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned partners
- Recommend, design, and build self-service data discovery capabilities.
- Manages the proliferation and duplication of data
- Identifies key data management issues and concerns and develops strategies to address them.
- Automate Machine learning solutions at scale
- Embeds data modeling and database design into the project life cycle
- Productionize insights by applying ITIL methodologies
- Link with technology
- Liaise with Infrastructure, Technology and Analytics team to manage key objectives
- Engage key business stakeholders to facilitate both strategy and innovation planning
- Collaborate with stakeholders involved in business technology strategy and innovation to develop an IT investment roadmap
- Consult with Analytics team on portfolio of programs and large projects, and maintain knowledge of their progress
- Review and provide guidance on the organization's business technology strategy and how the organization currently approaches innovation
- Preferred Master’s degree computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience. 7 Years of experience. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (ex. Netezza, Oracle)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow
- Experience with GCP/ Azure and/or AWS Data Services and migration tools
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python (nice to have: Java & Scala)
- Experience with APIs - able to build and optimize APIs
- SDLC and Project Management
- Agile development mindset
- Ability to manage analytics product lines
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high-level of business partner trust and confidence.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems that involve remote and elusive symptoms, often spanning multiple environments in a business area.
- Experience developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Organizationally savvy, understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics.
- Analytics Focus
- Performance engineering - make Analytics jobs run fast, at scale, meet SLAs (includes reliability, proper error handling, modular/reusable)
- Business analytics, and program management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Knowledge of existing, new and emerging data management technologies and ability to apply them to new business designs and business models.
- Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of programs and projects.
- Statistical and information analysis skills (a plus).
- Team player, facilitator and works well with others.
- Respected and trusted leader.
- Remains unbiased, specific technology- and vendor-neutral – more interested in results than personal preferences.
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity.
- Motivated by long-term results and achieving targeted business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced organization with aggressive project technology, features, and schedule goals.
- Excellent research, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Practical ability to communicate, influence and persuade – both business and IT leaders as well as peers.
- Use the language of business leaders and join the conversation that's taking place
- Integrity, professionalism, honesty, self-confidence, respect and conviction
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
You currently have no Recent Jobs
- end-to-end omni-channel solution
- 650M shopper IDs Globally
- 80,000 category specific brand insights
- 35+ year high performing ROI
1:1 with Catalina CEO, Jerry Sokol
Hear what CEO, Jerry Sokol has to say about what’s ahead and why it’s an exciting time to be at Catalina.