Global Tax Director
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is a key member of the Finance Leadership Team, driving Finance and Tax strategies across Catalina. The team is collaborative, living the company values each day - whether in office or at home.
The Director – Global Tax is a key leadership position in the Finance organization. In addition to ensuring compliance with Federal, State, Local and International tax laws, the objective of this role is to maximize global profitability and sustainability by minimizing tax liability. This individual will lead a team of internal and external tax professionals and look for ways to continuously improve core functions and create efficiencies.
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in providing overall direction, technical expertise, coordination, and execution of financial reporting and tax compliance to adhere to global tax laws for both direct and indirect taxes.
- Oversees the day-to-day global tax accounting, planning, compliance, transfer pricing, and tax controversy function (GILTI, etc.)
- Develops appropriate tax planning initiatives/strategies and recommendations to ensure the most effective tax position for Catalina
- Provides analysis of the tax impact of proposed transactions including M&A and develops tax efficient approaches for such transactions
- Directs the activities of outside advisors on tax related matters
- Serve as leader for global tax compliance and tax provision responsibilities, directly leading internal and external tax professionals
- Annual financial reporting of income taxes, including internal controls and reporting of uncertain tax positions (ASC 740) as well as short and long term forecasting for income taxes
- Manages relationship with financial statement auditor as well as other external service providers
- Provides leadership through collaboration with Financial Accounting Group and other Finance functions in the US and abroad in regards to tax accounting and compliance
- Provides expertise in US GAAP ASC 740, including maintenance of strong internal controls
- US Federal, State and Local Income, Indirect and Property Tax Returns
- Oversees international tax compliance (income tax and indirect tax returns)
- Oversees federal and state tax audits (all taxes)
- Provide strategic direction to regional tax leaders and local finance teams on international tax audits
- Acts as a partner to the global business leaders on tax considerations for new initiatives or M&A activity
- Able to advise business leaders of permanent establishment and global mobility issues (with assistance from internal and external advisors)
- Ensures proper and timely completion of domestic and international direct and indirect tax returns, including all related analysis and support
- Monitors indirect and digital tax applicability, collection and reporting requirements and processes
- Develops and presents relevant training and communication for senior leaders to build tax acumen regarding federal, state and international direct and indirect tax laws and potential impact on business offerings
- Solid understanding of 409A matters
- Acts as a lead collaborating with external auditors and tax advisors on significant tax transactions and gain alignment with external parties on potential tax consequences in a timely and efficient manner
- Manages overall FIN 48 reporting and reserve tracking as well as specific FIN48 analysis for US domestic and international income tax matters
- Monitors US federal and legislation as well as international (with assistance from global advisors) to strategically assess implications of changing tax laws to the business.
- Collaborates on global audit, transfer pricing strategies, and action plans (other tax pillars) to provide appropriate mentorship related to potential international tax implications.
- Advises business partners as well as Legal, IT, HR on tax implications of transactions and business decisions
- BS in Accounting – concentration in Tax
- 10+ Yrs of Corporate Tax (2+ with Big Four)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Extensive experience in identifying, analyzing, and communicating complex tax issues and their impact on the company and its operations to key stakeholders, and executive leaders
- Experience in leading tax compliance and/or tax accounting functions, including effective integration of tax compliance/accounting processes
- Background in US GAAP for a global multinational company as well as strong knowledge of domestic/international, state/local tax laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to develop, implement, and sustain "Best Practices" for internal controls for tax provision to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to apply critical decision-making with constantly shifting priorities
- Able to see the bigger picture for the company and how all the elements of tax legislation, reporting, planning and audits can impact our business
- Experience in building and leading teams of tax professionals including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people
- Proven experience in working effectively with C-Suite Executives and various oversight committees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with advanced financial analysis skills
- Ability to attract, retain, engage and develop teams in a fast-paced, transformational environment
- Ensure there is a focus on accountability and performance, with clear line of sight between organization strategy and individual goals
- Without fail, embody Catalina values
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
Diversity, Inclusion + Belongingness
Catalina is committed to investing in, empowering, and retaining a more inclusive community within our company. We are dedicated to hiring and cultivating diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and a voice to be heard. Our goal is to ensure that all our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
There is no jobs saved yet