The Finance Team manages the preparation of balance sheets, financial statements, cash-flow reports, day-to-day record keeping, and financial reporting and analysis for the Company. We are a high-performing, highly visible team with routine interaction with senior leadership. Managing finances effectively requires judgement calls that are both intuitive and based on careful calculations. We take great pride in being trusted to oversee Catalina’s monetary operations and strategy!
- Manage the process for nonstandard deal approvals (e.g., thresholds and rules, approver roles and responsibilities, approval routing and workflow, etc.)
- Analyze quotes and provide Sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to optimize profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure
- Maintain self-service Deal Calculator (financial model,) Deal Desk FAQs/training materials and a scorecard to track all nonstandard proposals (won & lost deals)
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute various sales and revenue reports for use by the Sales team, including Sales Leadership
- Provide insights and trend analysis into the business that help inform business decisions
- Define, track, report, analyze and interpret key performance metrics
- Partner with Product/Solutions teams to analyze and evaluate alternative pricing models
- Support Sales team as Finance SME for Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s in Business, Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of 5 years relevant financial experience
- Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and/or pricing strategy
- Ability to create simple models analyzing revenue, cost, and margin (advanced modeling a plus)
- Strong financial systems and business application knowledge; proficiency with Hyperion a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with PowerPoint
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting concepts such as revenue and expense recognition
- Adept at prioritization (time management, managing multiple projects) and understanding sense of urgency
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment
Additional Preferred Skills
- Understanding of digital media/promotions and digital advertising industry
- Understanding of CPG and Retail operations within Grocery, Drug and/or Mass
- Understanding of Salesforce.com a plus
- Ability to develop and maintain consultative relationships with various constituents
- Focus on achieving results, breaking down barriers & silos, and sharing credit
- Possesses a natural curiosity to ask questions, learn, and challenge the status quo
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work and interact well with others, able to develop and maintain positive cross-functional working relationships
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.