Director, Retail Analytics Solutions
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters of (280 million) American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving all personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading CPG brands and retailers. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
The Retail Analytics team is responsible for providing analyses, insights and recommendations that address the business needs of the Catalina retail sales team or the retail client, in support of internal strategic projects and external retailers. These analyses, insights and recommendations—whether based on standard reports or custom analyses—should serve as the basis for discussions with the retail sales team and client, provide actionable insights and recommendations that address client strategies, initiatives, and objectives.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Retail Analytics Solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Meet the solution team and retail analytics department needs by …
- Providing analytical and technical support to the initiation and development of retail-centric shopper insights tools and dashboard, to help identify and quantify business opportunities and lead to enhanced targeting solutions and new retailer initiatives
- Providing analytical and technical support to the initiation and development of retail-centric campaign solutions, enable strategic activation leveraging Catalina Media Platform and integrate analytics thought leadership into packaging and commercialization of marketable Catalina solutions
- Providing statistical expertise and technical support to the consolidation and development of statistical modeling and segmentation solutions, which will lead to improved shopper marketing strategy and campaign performances
- Apply strong programing and data engineering skills to implement machine learning algorithm in production to accelerate new capabilities
- Performing ad hoc custom analyses to support proof of concept of development of major retail product solutions
- Present analytical plan, solution development roadmap, and recommendations— to internal analytics and business stakeholders —in a clear and compelling manner
- Work with the Senior Director of Retail Analytics Solutions to build relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders from Retail Analytics GTM, Catalina Data & Analytics and corporate retail solutions
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) required
- Proficient/Advanced coding with open source tools such as Python/R required
- Solid experience and knowledge with relationship database and mathematical/statistical modeling
- Solid experience and knowledge with building databricks, ANSI SQL and SparkSql
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in a quantitative, analytical or data engineering capacity
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience on analytical solution development or analytics process automation
- Solid understanding on quantitative methods and statistical applications
- Ability to rapidly develop familiarity with proprietary data systems and IT infrastructure to extract data needed and support quantitative research projects
- Good communication skills to enable solid technical consultation to internal/external clients
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) preferred
- Experience in a CPG, retail or data-driven environment a plus
- Experience in statistical programming tools such as SAS/S+ a plus
- Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms in production environment using Scala/Spark a huge plus
- Experience with Cloud computing and usage a plus
CATALINA CORE VALUES
Be a trusted partner: Act with integrity and positive intent
Focus on the customer: Keep the needs of both internal and external customers as well as
consumers front and center
Act like an owner: Think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our Mission
Be innovative: Share and scale the best ideas regardless of origin
Strive for simplicity: Add meaning and eliminate complexity
Value personal and professional growth: Contribute to an environment that enables
individual, team and organizational success
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. Catalina will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.