Delivery Engineer II
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for a variety of production and nonproduction systems internationally as part of the Technology organization. Platforms managed by the team include cloud services, virtualization, Windows servers, Linux servers, storage, backups, authentication services, and databases. Our team strives to provide actionable solutions engineering to meet the demands of Catalina’s global business. The incumbent for this position will report to the Director of Cloud Engineering
The Delivery Engineer is a key role in our Cloud Engineering department which includes Cloud, Network and Delivery Engineering functions. Major contribution includes laying the foundation to automate the build process for developers, continuous integration and ensuring site reliability (resiliency, redundancy and ongoing monitoring to identify issues in the ecosystem). This role is for an experienced, motivated DevOps Engineer striving toward automation and optimization. The position will play an integral role in helping Catalina deliver products in a nimble and iterative fashion. We need a self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Designing code deployment pipelines
- Implementing enhanced security features
- Logging, monitoring and systems analytics
- 5+ years delivering results in a DevOps role
- 5+ years working with CI (SALT, Puppet, Jenkins,)
- 5+ years server and file system administration (Ubuntu, EC2, HDFS, AWS S3)
- 3+ years working in Cloud (Amazon, Azure, Rackspace, or similar)
- Comfortable or familiar with multiple operating systems and principles of operating systems
- Extensive scripting experience with PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Experience with source control tools such as git
- Experience with firewall, intrusion detection prevention, and network security.
- Experience with Hadoop or other Big Data technologies
- End to end management of applications and services, ensuring security and operational requirements (Consistency, Predictability, Repeatability and Scalability) are met and improved
- Active community member on github or apache
- Specific experience with the following technologies: Salt, CentOS/RedHat, PowerShell, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience with load balancers and proxies (HAProxy, Nginix, AWS Route 53, Palo, Cisco)
- Experience with Hadoop and ecosystem
- Experience with log management and queueing systems
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.