Cloud System Engineer II
The Cloud Engineering team is responsible for a variety of infrastructure production and nonproduction systems internationally as part of the Technology organization as well as the engineering of next generation services. Platforms managed by the team include cloud services, virtualization, Windows servers, Linux servers, storage, backups, authentication services, and databases. Our team strives to provide actionable solutions engineering to meet the demands of Catalina’s global business. The incumbent for this position will report to the Director of Cloud Engineering.
- Ability to interact with, create, view, delete objects in cloud platforms through portals, command lines, and APIs.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of costs and impacts of cloud usage, utilization, and efficiencies.
- Take ownership and build a partnership with finance partner(s) to ensure best practices around continued cloud spending and costs.
- Engage and manage external vendors/outsourcing partners to enhance team capabilities and execution abilities
- Leverage and assist the Global Security and Protection (GSAP) team in order to maintain, enhance, and audit the organizations security profile, and minimize threat surfaces.
- Engage in Catalina’s technology roadmap development.
- Engineer and manage the installation, configuration, and tuning of cloud infrastructure components.
- Provide analysis of the hybrid cloud environment and perform the necessary actions to avoid deficiencies and service interruptions.
- Respond to major incidents and other conference calls in support of IT business processes.
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent platform systems provisioning, uptime, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage and provide current platform usage statistics and provide future projected growth estimates.
- Lead efforts towards cloud systems consolidation and cleanup.
- Assist in developing and maintaining platform life cycle management technology.
- Foster, maintain and enhance the existing Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) using principle of least privilege.
- Advise business units on platform and resource utilization.
- Technical expertise in managing private and public cloud resources – VMware and Microsoft Azure
- Automation experience leveraging tools such as Salt, Puppet, Ansible, or SCCM
- Professional scripting experience with languages such as Python, BASH, and or PowerShell
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or equivalent experience
- Strong technical, leadership, communication, and financial skills
- Experience working with and troubleshooting network configurations utilizing multiple subnets and VLANs
- Vendor certifications from Microsoft, VMware, Red Hat, and Cisco
- Technical expertise in Windows systems management – Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Technical expertise in Linux systems management – Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Ability to lift, carry, and manipulate physical systems components of up to 50 pounds.
- Some travel within state approximately once per season.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
Diversity, Inclusion + Belongingness
Catalina is committed to investing in, empowering, and retaining a more inclusive community within our company. We are dedicated to hiring and cultivating diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and a voice to be heard. Our goal is to ensure that all our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
There are no saved jobs.