Business Intelligence Analyst III
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst III is responsible for working with project leaders to conceptualize, design, and implement reporting deliverables using primarily but not limited to MicroStrategy. Additionally, the BI Analyst III will be responsible for providing mentoring to junior team members and provide code reviews. The BI Analyst III has strong leadership, analytical capability, and organizational skills, and display innovative and problem-solving mindset.
We are seeking candidates who want to join the Business Intelligence team focused on empowering the business with data analytics.
- Support and develop BI reporting delivered by MicroStrategy
- Integrating within the SDK of BI tools such as MicroStrategy
- Assist development, support & unit testing releases.
- Comply with the rules used on the corresponding project (coding conventions, using of the version control system, and using of the defect control system).
- Complete the assigned development tasks within the deadline and according to the project documentation.
- Lead development efforts and provide direction to junior team members to drive business reporting solutions
- Participate in project requirements gathering, design, estimation, and generate necessary documentation.
- Prepare project plans.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Conduct technical interviews and trainings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-7+ years’ experience with Business Intelligence and MicroStrategy
- 4-7+ years’ experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in hardware and/or software management
- Experience working with Cloud (Amazon, Azure, Rackspace, or similar)
- Experience working with an agile software development methodology.
- Data warehouse familiarity
- Exemplary team player who collaborates well with peers, subordinates, and superiors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
- Possess and express exceptional problem-solving skills and use experience in developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong categorization/information organization skills.
- Strong understanding of Relational OLAP database models used in Decision Support Systems
- Good understanding of SQL in accessing and manipulating data in Very Large Databases.
- General understanding of system architecture
- Understanding of Unix, DOS and Windows operating systems
- Understanding of general programming concepts
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.