Accounts Receivable Specialist
At Catalina, the innovative spirit that’s been part of our DNA for over 30 years is what we look for in the talented people we hire. This position is part of our Billing and Collections team on the Corporate Finance Shared Services team. Reporting to the Manager of Shared Services, this role will be instrumental in issuing accurate invoices to recognized names in the CPG industry, as well as supermarket and mass merchandising retailers in the US. We continually challenge our team to identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures to drive efficiencies and partner cross-functionally to implement those changes. Our team develops strong partnerships with the sales and operations teams through the issuance and collections efforts on customer invoices.
This position executes the steps in the customer invoice process using proprietary, complex systems ensuring invoices are issued in accordance with contractual terms. You will interact with cross-functional teams, including sales leadership, media operations, contract administration, collections, accounting, client services, legal, IT support teams and external customers in issuing and adjusting customer invoices. You will have the opportunity to identify and suggest enhancements to existing processes which result in a leaner, more efficient and effective process.
- Generate and issue customer invoices for assigned manufacturing and retailer customers
- Liaise with contract administration, sales, media operations and accounting teams to ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices and invoice adjustments
- Review internal controls and policies related to invoice processing and recommend enhancements for greater effectiveness and efficiency
- Prepare, reconcile, review and deliver monthly invoicing for assigned customers
- Prepare, organize and review reports requested by internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate cross-functionally with contracts administration, sales, operations, legal, accounting and IT financial systems support teams and recommend system and billing improvements resulting in reduction of manual adjustments and improved invoice quality
- Prepare and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for new and existing processes to ensure business continuation
- Drive continuous improvement by supporting management initiatives, system upgrades, new system implementations and developing new processes
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to all customer inquiries
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent education required. College degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detailed and quality-orientated
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment and policies and procedures, as well as client needs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and problem-solve while remaining a team player
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment with competing, multiple priorities
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel is required, including Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP
- Demonstrated ability in working with complex, inter-related systems
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound business judgment and decision-making skills
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.