Sales Support Specialist
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters (280 million) of American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading retailers and CPG brands. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
Catalina, the leader in personalized digital media, seeks a Sales Support Specialist – to join our dynamic cross-functional team. The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for estimating, designing and executing promotional programs that incentivize consumer point-of-purchase decisions for Catalina’s manufacturing/CPG and retail clients. Through the use of print and digital coupons and other advertising tools, Catalina programs deliver results to our clients by driving trial, loyalty, and volume purchases. We have an unparalleled ability to target precise segments of consumers based on their own shopper history, and our use of data-driven analytics and insights sets us apart from our competition.
The Sales Support Specialist is a key Sales Support role and will work closely with our Sales team to estimate and design promotional programs that ignite growth for our clients. The Sales Support Specialist will also work closely with our Media Operations and Analytics cross-functional team to execute marketing campaigns and create the results presentations to our clients. Key responsibilities include consulting with Sales Directors, working with the cross functional team to identify insights that align to stated client objectives, developing the campaign design estimate based on best practices and historical learnings, analyzing data to design optimal programs, and managing the multiple UPC files required for insights, execution, measurement and third-party analysis. The Sales Support Specialist will provide a comprehensive campaign package including insights, campaign design estimate, client proposal summary, and the campaign brief and measurement plan to the Sales Director to help them grow our business with new and existing clients. As a partner with Sales, the Sales Support Specialist will help Sales Directors with data mining for insights, presentation creation, client invoicing, and problem resolution.
The ideal candidate understands the power of marketing programs and is excited to design best-in-class promotional campaigns for CPG manufacturers and retailers. This person is results-focused, and seeks to understand when and why programs perform differently from the original intent. They thrive on continuous improvement and process, love using data to inform their work, and have a service mind-set. They are analytical and detail-oriented, able to work as part of a team, and possess exceptional communication skills.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Support Sales Directors by designing marketing promotional campaigns and creating program design estimates for new and existing clients
- Pull data insights based on client objectives using Proprietary Systems with direction from the Sales Director
- Consult with Analytics and Sales on optimal program design recommendations. Design the optimal campaign based on client-defined KPIs leveraging best practices, coupled with historical learnings
- Deliver client investment package consisting of campaign design estimate, outcomes and measurement plan
- Create and manage varying sets of targeting lists (insights, estimation, execution, and measurement)
- Update sales opportunity in Salesforce.com, document, post and manage artifacts to persistent records.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Analytics, Media Services and the Performance Marketing team to deliver against predicted outcomes
- Perform project management tasks such as managing timelines, prioritizing critical path work, ensuring tasks are completed and moving per plan and according to deadlines.
- Manage workflow collaboration across teams to ensure client investment is on track, executed flawlessly and completed on time
- Communicate campaign status via collaboration tools to multiple stakeholders (Sales, Media Services, and Analytics).
- Notify Sales of any barriers to delivering against promised client investment outcomes.
- Manage invoices and notify Sales Directors of payment status/slow pays.
- Develop contracts based on approved client investment and deliver documentation to Sales Director and Contracts Department
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- EDUCATION: College degree required; marketing and business degrees preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years Catalina experience in Media Services, Analytics or Sales Support (Manager, Business Development) required or 5 years’ industry experience in Promotions, Advertising, Marketing or Campaign Management
- Lean, Agile or Quality Certification desired but not required
- Marketing background and understanding of marketing frameworks and tools
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, multitask in a fast paced environment, work in teams and be flexible
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills; data analysis, brand management
- Cross functional collaboration and influencing skills
- Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Power Point, Excel, and Word; Experience using Salesforce.com is helpful
- Customer Focus (customer orientation; responsiveness; build partnerships internally; handle difficult situations)
- Communication (listening skills; speaking and writing skills)
- Results Orientation (display sense of urgency and persistence until goals are met; motivated by results; apply problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles)
- Innovation (create and foster change; creative problem-solving – analytic and strategic thinking; decision-making)
- Exceptional Personal Qualities (honesty, integrity; self-confidence; maturity, manageability; thoroughness; conviction; learning; realistic)
- Drive for Success (entrepreneurial; display initiative; accountability/ownership)
- Influence Skills (persuasive; assertive; effective communicator; straightforwardness/candor)
- Execution, attention to details, highly collaborative
CATALINA’S CORE VALUES (REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB)
Be a trusted partner: Act with integrity and positive intent
Focus on the customer: Keep the needs of both internal and external customers as well as consumers front and center
Act like an owner: Think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our Mission
Be innovative: Share and scale the best ideas regardless of origin