Reporting to the Creative Production Manager, the Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, revising and delivering innovative and effective coupons and promotional graphics for print, online and mobile media channels. This fast-paced job requires the designer to work with many retail and consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands for U.S. clients. The designer will be part of a creative production team with a passion for graphic design, that offers both autonomy and support and looks forward to enriching an employee’s path as a designer and professional.
- Design, Optimize, revise and pre-flight client-supplied and/or existing graphics to ensure production specifications and best practices are met.
- Design Catalina’s portfolio of print and digital products
- Manage projects and maintain project data in our project management systems.
- Archive completed projects and maintain Creative Services libraries.
- Occasionally offer design support for internal company communication.
- Keep up to date on design trends, production technology and brand marketing, with a focus on the CPG and Retail industry.
- Propose design solutions to clients whenever opportunities for improvement arise.
- Actively participate in Operations Department and Creative Services meetings, keeping up to speed with the company’s goals and direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related subject.
- Strong artistic abilities and a portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge of design, layout and typography.
- 3+ years of graphic design experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Understanding of digital design space, UI, UX and designing across devices.
- Have a strong verbal communication and knowledge of grammar and composition rules required for editing and proofreading material.
What you bring to the team
- Ability to absorb new information quickly.
- Strategically solution design problems.
- A strong work ethic and an ability to innovate and think critically.
- Exceptional organizational abilities.
- Not afraid to speak up with questions, admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Ability to explain and defend design concepts to non-designers.
- High level of agility to change course as products/process transform in real time.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.