Desktop Support Technician
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters (280 million) of American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading retailers and CPG brands. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
The technician will be responsible for the on-site installation, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of company and multi-vendor systems solutions, which will include hardware, software and Win 7 or Win 10 operating systems. Additionally, the technician will be involved in Apple Mac, Video and Desktop/Desk Side and "Smart Hands and Eyes" support for the office.
The technician might be called upon, depending upon the needs at the site, to perform physical installation/replacement, rack and stack, update documentation of network equipment and cabling (additions, moves, deletions). In server rooms (closets), lay and maintain cabling for networking and storage and removal of cables when no longer needed. May also be called on to provide phone support for Catalina US Regional offices on an as needed basis. May be called upon to assist with vendor management of facilities related items such as access management control (badge system), electrical and HVAC.
Scope of work
• Diagnose and resolve performance problems.
• Ensure customer satisfaction through communication and status updates of active tickets.
• Installs and troubleshoots hardware/software. HP hardware (desktop/laptop).
• Resolves escalated break/fix troubleshooting customer issues.
• Intermediate level engineer who has in-depth knowledge of a majority of HP products.
• Solid experience in Windows OS support in a Microsoft-based environment -- knowledge of Win 7 & Win 10
• Expert customer relationship skills -- ability to communicate professionally in high-pressure situations, especially with executive and C-level staff
• Familiar with networking concepts and PC connectivity troubleshooting
• Familiar with video and audio conferencing connectivity troubleshooting
• Ability to setup hardware, install software and troubleshoot Apple Mac hardware
• Well versed with PC and laptop hardware, printer setup and troubleshooting, MS Office, Outlook, etc.
• Partner with other teams such as such as Facilities, Network and Security to provide assistance when needed
• Ability to lift 40 pounds -- move PCs, monitors, boxes, etc.
• 3-5 Years IT experience
• Experience supporting end-users (in person) in a corporate environment
• Proficient: Microsoft Office Suites 2003-2010 & Windows
• Knowledge of Network / infrastructure skills
• Strong Desktop Support Skills
• Customer service and strong communication skills
• IT Certifications are a plus
• Able to work independently as well as with a team
• Able to lift up to 18 kg of technical equipment
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. Catalina will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.