Data Engineer II
The EDM team defines and builds the core capabilities that the Catalina Products and Data Solutions leverage in market. We build capabilities once and re-use across our solution suites. The team provides the data which is used to extract insight and drive our market models to provide value to our clients.
Catalina is seeking a Data Engineer II to help us build our new Data platform by developing cutting edge, data-driven solutions for retailer and CPG customers. This is a great opportunity for a passionate data engineer with experience in digital marketing technology and a desire to launch innovative ad tech solutions. The data engineer will be participating in developing/unit testing/documenting and deploying data driven solutions. The successful candidate possesses strategic thinking skills, a passion for product development and a proven background developing new products and scaling existing ones. This position requires an engaging, innovative and collaborative approach. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to effectively work with other leaders across multiple functional areas.
The EDM team is looking for a Data Engineer to support and optimize its existing data platform. This platform is built using Informatica/unix scripting and manages millions of records from our vast retailer network. The platform uses Netezza and Yellowbrick environments to allow for high volume queries to run efficiently. This opportunity will allow engineers to participate in design review, code development (ingestion, transformation and consumption) and implementation into our existing legacy environments. This data will then be leverage for business insights and shopper behavioral analysis.
- Develop Data Solutions using the following tools (Informatica, Unix/Linux Scripting, Python and other open source technologies) resulting in stable and high-quality code within deadlines, following established process
- Write SQL code in multiple RDBMS systems (Netezza, Yellowbrick, Oracle, MySQL, DB2), ensure the code is optimized to the specified environment.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of data ecosystem and trends; be a subject matter expert and thought leader.
- Participate in analysis, design, and implementation of a new Data Platform (Cloud Technology (Azure), Hadoop Ecosystem and other open source technologies). Willingness to learn new tools and mentor others.
- Participate in peer review code sessions.
- Actively participate in SCRUM ceremonies ensuring the velocity of the team continues to improve and work becomes more streamlined.
- Actively participate in performance tuning to maximize resources.
- Track and resolve data issues showing creative problem solving skills.
- Clearly communicate with management on proposed solutions/challenges.
- Document solutions following company standards and clearly communicate designs.
- Support production environment and previously deployed solutions.
- 3-6+ years experience with Data Solution Technologies (Informatica, Linux Scripting)
- 3-6+ years experience with RDBMS Systems (Netezza, Yellowbrick, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
- 3-6+ years experience with Linux/Unix Systems, scripting.
- Experience in work automation.
- Working knowledge of Agile software engineering processes.
- Able to develop/unit test and deploy data solutions (mid to high complexity).
- Able to mentor fellow co-workers to expand overall team skills.
- Positive attitude towards challenges.
- Advanced communication skills to present solutions clearly to the team and users.
- Process mapping experience
- Community developer presence (github, apache, open source projects, etc)
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.