The Sales & Operations Planning Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness of Global Operations by connecting stakeholders to critical business data. As an Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling complex business scenarios or tracking key performance metrics, is utilized by leadership to make tactical and strategic decisions. You will be an integral partner of the Global Operation team to drive Catalina’s business through financial analysis, modeling and reporting. You will be part of a high-performing team and must be proficient in analysis, diagnostics, process performance and organization of data. The Analyst must be able to isolate and indicate data process errors and opportunities through data analysis in a timely manner. The ideal candidate is one who collaborates across multiple functions, explores and embraces opportunities for doing things in new ways and initiates, and/or supports improvements in work processes to increase efficiency and maximize the value driven by the Operations teams. This position will report to the Director of Operations Planning.
- Synthesize complex data into informative and actionable weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting that highlights trends and drives data-driven decisions across the business.
- Translate and integrate data into a MicroStrategy Dashboard for internal customers.
- Monitor and analyze campaign quality data and report on KPI’s; partner with the Quality Team to advise on findings, trends and process improvements.
- Develops basic/intermediate models for analyzing new business opportunities, efficiency initiatives, or other business issues.
- Understand and drive for data integrity; understand data reporting capabilities and impact of integration with other systems.
- Utilize available resources to diagnose, troubleshoot, and/or monitor gaps in data; escalate issues to internal customers and work with Tech to gain access to or remedy gaps in data.
- Present data findings and work with direct manager and other personnel to identify and implement strategies that will address tactical and strategic goals.
- Analyze business questions and make recommendations to Sr Leadership on how to improve performance, achieve quality objectives and maximize KPIs.
- Continually introduce innovation to business processes through data analysis.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Self-driven.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must (preferred areas include Analytics or Computer Science).
- 2-4+ years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced experience with Excel.
- Exceptionally strong written and interpersonal communication skills and the proven ability to work and communicate. effectively with a diverse group of contacts.
- Proficient at structuring problems, performing analysis, and effectively presenting to business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships.
- Strong work ethic with effective organizational, multitasking, and prioritization abilities.
- Resourceful, nimble and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- MicroStrategy reports and dashboard development experience.
- Experience in Salesforce reporting is a plus.
- Knowledge of complex data analysis; data-driven focus; application and interpretation of data sampling.
- Process oriented and willing to learn about business processes and data (systems/ returns/ performance/ drivers) to create robust and comprehensive analyses via technology solutions.
- Focused on achieving results, breaking down barriers & silos, and sharing credit.
- Effective problem-solving and data issue resolution capabilities.
- Fosters an environment of support and teamwork for individuals learning new concepts, skills, and tasks.
- Promotes a continuous learning environment.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
• Familiarity with analysis tools including Excel VBA, SPSS, Python, R, and SAS. Has some experience with SQL.
• Solid understanding of performance excellence methodologies, especially any forms of Six Sigma, Lean or Agile.
• Prior experience with capacity planning, financial forecasting, survey analysis, inventory management, supply/demand and cost/benefit.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.