A rich digital and data playground where you can apply your analytics talents—that’s what you can expect to find on the Data Science and Analytics team at Catalina. Here, you will proactively generate impactful, sustainable technology solutions to gain deep insights into purchasing behavior. As part of a dynamic team, you will be challenged and supported as you drive insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Full Time
- Travel: Occasional
What makes a successful Data Science and Analytics employee at Catalina?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Analytical 10
- Results-driven 9
- Digitally Savvy 9
- Communicator 8
- Critical Thinker 8
- Strategic 7
Retirement Plans (With Match)
Flexible Time Off
Healthy Work/ Life Balance
Catalina is such a great place to leverage data science. Our shopper data is vast and granular, and our clients face an increasingly competitive landscape. The opportunities to help are endless.Wes Chaar, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer
Senior Analytics Consultant - Retail
The Retail Analytics team is responsible for providing analyses, insights and recommendations that address the business needs of the Catalina retail sales team or the retail client, in support of internal strategic projects and external retailers. These analyses, insights and recommendations—whether based on standard reports or custom analyses—should serve as the basis for discussions with the retail sales team and client, provide actionable insights and recommendations that address client strategies, initiatives, and objectives.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Retail Analytics Solutions.
- Providing statistical expertise and technical support to the consolidation and development of statistical modeling and segmentation solutions, which will lead to improved shopper marketing strategy and campaign performances.
- Applying strong programing and data engineering skills to implement machine learning algorithm in production to accelerate new capabilities.
- Converting the current SAS processes to open source codes.
- Providing analytical and technical support to the initiation and development of retail-centric shopper insights tools and dashboard, to help identify and quantify business opportunities and lead to enhanced targeting solutions and new retailer initiatives
- Providing analytical and technical support to the initiation and development of retail-centric campaign solutions, enable strategic activation leveraging Catalina Media Platform and integrate analytics thought leadership into packaging and commercialization of marketable Catalina solutions
- Performing ad hoc custom analyses to support proof of concept of development of major retail product solutions
- Presenting analytical plan, solution development roadmap, and recommendations— to internal analytics and business stakeholders —in a clear and compelling manner
- Working with the Senior Director of Retail Analytics Solutions to build relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders from Retail Analytics GTM, Catalina Data & Analytics and corporate retail solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) required.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience for Bachelor’s or 3-5 years of experience for Master’s in a CPG, retail or data-driven environment required.
- Solid experience and knowledge of mathematical/statistical modeling.
- Extensive understanding on quantitative methods and statistical applications.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience using statistical software packages SAS in a quantitative, analytical capacity required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience on analytical solution development or analytics process automation required.
- Proficient/Advanced coding with open source tools such as Python/R required.
- Extensive experience with relationship database and SQL required.
- Good communication skills.
- PhD Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms in production environment using Scala/Spark a plus.
- Experience with TDC computing and usage a plus.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
You currently have no Recent Jobs
- end-to-end omni-channel solution
- 650M shopper IDs Globally
- 80,000 category specific brand insights
- 35+ year high performing ROI
Catalina provides data insights on 436 million buyer IDs to help clients spot trends, increase market share and drive sales. Become the nerd our customers need on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
At Catalina, we create love between people and products to unlock buyer insights, drive sales and boost bottom lines. Our customers love having a Catalina Nerd on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
The Birds and the Bees
At Catalina, we make it easy for clients to understand buyer behavior and connect with every market segment. Become a Catalina Nerd that our customers trust. Learn more about what we do at Catalina.com/Nerds.