Regional Director, Digital Sales
We are highly motivated group that is privileged to work with the country’s largest CPG companies, retailers and their agency partners. We specialize in strategic development of Catalina’s largest and most innovative clients. A passion for selling, collaboration and entrepreneurship drives our group to deliver the best performing audience, media activation and attribution & measurement solutions within the industry!
The Regional Director, Digital Sales reports to the Group Director, Digital Strategy & Sales and is responsible for achieving the market’s digital revenue growth numbers via 1) identifying, penetrating/selling, closing & overall account management for programmatic self-serve (audiences & measurement by Catalina) and Catalina managed digital/omni media programs to agency partners and 2) partnering with our CPG Sales team as the digital subject matter expert and sales partner to sell, activate & report out performance on digital campaigns sold directly to the manufacturer.
This candidate may be assigned agencies within major media holding companies and other Northeast based media buying, digital &/or shopper agencies, as well as the CPG clients that leverage these agencies for digital audiences & media activation and measurement.
- Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual sales revenue goals for assigned territory.
- Accurately forecast revenue for your assigned accounts and deliver timely weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to sales management
- Understand the programmatic media environment and competitive landscape to educate clients regarding the value of Purchase Based Targeting, Catalina’s offerings and Catalina’s points of differentiation in the marketplace.
- You will be responsible for leading the agency relationship and coordinating with CPG Sales lead assigned to the brand the agency is supporting. Drive incremental revenue by establishing relationships with digital & media agencies and identifying solutions to make Catalina digital offerings a must-buy.
- When working directly with the manufacturer, guide brand client’s digital strategy and tactical planning under direction of CPG Sales account lead, when needed. Share digital subject matter expertise with CPG Sellers in assigned territory.
- Demonstrate consultative selling skills in enabling agencies & customers to drive their business and achieve their objectives. Utilize Catalina’s data and insights in client and agency conversations. Build strong and impactful marketing strategies & proposals for agencies & clients.
- Deliver account management oversight on digital campaigns. Work directly with Analytics, Digital Operations, Creative Services, Product, Solutions, and/or 3rd party vendor teams to design digital program execution (e.g., audience, media format & channels, promotional CTA) and measurement plan. Ensure all agency/client brand safety/fraud and viewability requirements are built into managed service campaigns. Work with Client Service Manager (CSM) account leads to ensure on-time and on-plan campaign delivery and that post-campaign wrap-up reports are properly analyzed for digital campaign measurement reporting that provide actionable insights to agencies & clients. Lead digital campaign performance and learning reporting to agencies, with recommendations for future planning.
In addition to possessing exceptional sales, marketing, multi-tasking and persuasion skills, the ideal candidate will act as sales partner and digital expert for assigned territory, partnering to penetrate accounts/agencies and to connect and align with key decision makers. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated to drive results with limited direct supervision and live in the NYC area. The successful candidate will have 5-10 years of experience working at or selling to NY based media agencies and be a data-infused media expert with a strong track record of thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum of five years experience working at or selling to NY based media agencies
- Minimum of five years consultative selling experience, with a successful track record of closing new business.
- In-depth knowledge of and interest in following industry trends, online advertising processes and techniques. Strong understanding of programmatic media, media technologies & channels, digital media and agency organization, as well agency/trading desk dynamics
- Proven success with new account/agency selling to Senior-Level decision-makers.
- Experience working with CPG industry and digital customer/consumer data.
- Passionate about selling and creating value for customers, deep understanding of marketing, media buying, and client ROI. Strong networking capabilities and displays strong closing techniques throughout the sales cycle.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and builds strong relationships across functions.
- Ability to exhibit creative problem solving and decision making based on sound data analysis.
- Ability to attract, retain, engage and develop teams in a fast-paced, transformational environment
- Ensure there is a focus on accountability and performance, with clear line of sight between organization strategy and individual goals
- Without fail, embody Catalina values
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and managing contacts/workflow with CRM technology (Salesforce)
- Candidate should live in/around NYC plus have the ability to travel.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.