Sr Analyst, Retail Analytics (Contractor)
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters of (280 million) American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving all personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading CPG brands and retailers. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
The Retail Analytics team is responsible for providing analyses, insights and recommendations that address the business needs of the Catalina retail sales team or the retail client, in support of internal strategic projects and external retailers. These analyses, insights and recommendations—whether based on standard reports or custom analyses—should serve as the basis for discussions with the retail sales team and client, provide actionable insights and recommendations that address client strategies, initiatives, and objectives.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Retail Analytics.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Meet the retail sales team and client’s analytical needs by …
- Providing analytical insights that identify and quantify business opportunities and lead to improved shopper campaign performance and new retailer initiatives
- Providing targeting solutions that optimize the client’s strategies and consumer value propositions
- Evaluating performance of targeted shopper campaigns using appropriate analyses
- Performing ad hoc custom analyses
- Present analytic insights, results, and recommendations— to internal analytics and business development teams —in a clear and compelling manner
- Work with the Senior Director of Retail Analytics and the retail sales team to build relationships with key contacts at this key client.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) required
- Extensive experience with SQL required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using Python in a quantitative, analytical capacity
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using R in a quantitative, analytical capacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Strong command on quantitative methods and statistical applications
- Ability to rapidly develop sufficient familiarity with proprietary data systems and IT infrastructure to extract data needed to support quantitative research projects
- Good communication and presentation skills
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) preferred
Working experience with SAS a plus
- Modeling and segmentation experience a plus
- Experience in a CPG, retail or data-driven environment helpful
Experience with Cloud computing and usage a plus
CATALINA CORE VALUES
Be a trusted partner: Act with integrity and positive intent
Focus on the customer: Keep the needs of both internal and external customers as well as
consumers front and center
Act like an owner: Think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our Mission
Be innovative: Share and scale the best ideas regardless of origin
Strive for simplicity: Add meaning and eliminate complexity
Value personal and professional growth: Contribute to an environment that enables
individual, team and organizational success
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. Catalina will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.