A rich digital and data playground where you can apply your analytics talents—that’s what you can expect to find on the Data Science and Analytics team at Catalina. Here, you will proactively generate impactful, sustainable technology solutions to gain deep insights into purchasing behavior. As part of a dynamic team, you will be challenged and supported as you drive insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Full Time
- Travel: Occasional
What makes a successful Data Science and Analytics employee at Catalina?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Analytical 10
- Results-driven 9
- Digitally Savvy 9
- Communicator 8
- Critical Thinker 8
- Strategic 7
Flexible Time Off
Healthy Work/ Life Balance
Catalina is such a great place to leverage data science. Our shopper data is vast and granular, and our clients face an increasingly competitive landscape. The opportunities to help are endless.Wes Chaar, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer
Sr Analyst - Retail
The Retail Analytics team is responsible for providing analyses, insights and recommendations that address the business needs of the Catalina retail sales team or the retail client, in support of internal strategic projects and external retailers. These analyses, insights and recommendations—whether based on standard reports or custom analyses—should serve as the basis for discussions with the retail sales team and client, provide actionable insights and recommendations that address client strategies, initiatives, and objectives.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Retail Analytics. It is located onsite and operates within the Marketing Analytics team of Meijer, a leading US Retailer.
- Meet the retail sales team and client’s analytical needs by
- Providing analytical insights that identify and quantify business opportunities and lead to improved shopper campaign performance and new retailer initiatives
- Providing targeting solutions that optimize the client’s strategies and consumer value propositions
- Evaluating performance of targeted shopper campaigns using appropriate analyses
- Performing ad hoc custom analyses
- Present analytic insights, results, and recommendations— to internal analytics and business development teams —in a clear and compelling manner
- Work with the Senior Director of Retail Analytics and the retail sales team to build relationships with key contacts at this key client.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Business Analytics or other related quantitative fields (Data Sciences, etc.) required, with minimum of 3 years of experience using Python or R in a quantitative, analytical capacity OR Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Business Analytics or other related quantitative fields (Data Sciences, etc.), with minimum of 1 year of experience using Python or R in a quantitative, analytical capacity
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Strong command of quantitative methods and statistical applications
- Ability to rapidly develop sufficient familiarity with proprietary data systems and IT infrastructure to extract data needed to support quantitative research projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Git and/or committing to large open source projects
- Modeling and segmentation experience a plus
- Experience in a CPG, retail or data-driven environment helpful
- Working experience with SAS a plus
- Experience analyzing digital promotional data a plus
- Advanced Python development a plus
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
You currently have no Recent Jobs
- end-to-end omni-channel solution
- 650M shopper IDs Globally
- 80,000 category specific brand insights
- 35+ year high performing ROI
Catalina provides data insights on 436 million buyer IDs to help clients spot trends, increase market share and drive sales. Become the nerd our customers need on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
At Catalina, we create love between people and products to unlock buyer insights, drive sales and boost bottom lines. Our customers love having a Catalina Nerd on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
The Birds and the Bees
At Catalina, we make it easy for clients to understand buyer behavior and connect with every market segment. Become a Catalina Nerd that our customers trust. Learn more about what we do at Catalina.com/Nerds.