A rich digital and data playground where you can apply your analytics talents—that’s what you can expect to find on the Data Science and Analytics team at Catalina. Here, you will proactively generate impactful, sustainable technology solutions to gain deep insights into purchasing behavior. As part of a dynamic team, you will be challenged and supported as you drive insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Full Time
- Travel: Occasional
What makes a successful Data Science and Analytics employee at Catalina?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Analytical 10
- Results-driven 9
- Digitally Savvy 9
- Communicator 8
- Critical Thinker 8
- Strategic 7
Flexible Time Off
Healthy Work/ Life Balance
Catalina is such a great place to leverage data science. Our shopper data is vast and granular, and our clients face an increasingly competitive landscape. The opportunities to help are endless.Wes Chaar, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer
Senior Big Data Developer
The mission of the Analytics Architecture team is to enable analytics at scale. We do this by ensuring the Analytics, and Data Science teams have the necessary Cloud Infrastructure, Tools, and Data to execute their research and development of machine learning/AI models. We then work to implement these models into the more extensive technology infrastructure. The team is the link between the Analytics business mission, strategy, and organization processes to its IT strategy. The team is unique in its capability to bridge analytics and technology, understand analytics' individual needs and tech stack, tools, etc.
- Design, Develop, Deploy and Maintain Analytical solutions in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Azure Cloud, Hive, Databricks, Spark (Scala/Python), and other open-source technologies) in 3 main areas, including:
- Data ingestion pipelines from diverse sources, large scale structured and unstructured data
- Pipelines for machine learning model building, training, and scoring
- Data aggregation channels that feed Catalina Analytic and Reporting solutions
All of this work should be scalable code that follows company standards and be documented
- A developer will actively participate in agile SCRUM ceremonies, including:
- Refinement, Planning, Stand-ups, and Retros
- Flushing out business requirements and adding acceptance criteria & tasks to User Stories
- Develop/unit test and deploy data solutions (high complexity
- Participate in peer review code sessions to ensure the quality of code.
- Communicate with management on proposed solutions/challenges.
- Track and resolve data issues showing creative problem-solving skills.
- Support production environment and previously deployed solutions
- Lastly, responsibilities also include:
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of data ecosystem and trends; be a subject matter expert
- Recommends new tools to improve the current stack and solve data needs efficiently.
- Develop new standards such as Checklists, Deployment Standards, etc.
- Participate in talent acquisitions tasks such as resume review/interviews.
- Masters degree in computer science-related field
- 5-9+ years of experience with some of the Big Data technologies (Spark (Scala/Python), Azure Cloud, Hadoop)
- Experience in scaling spark applications, optimizations, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of distributed computing, RDD, and optimization techniques
- Knowledgeable in Warehouse solutions (ex. Yellowbrick, Snowflake)
- Experience in work automation.
- 3+ years of experience in ML/Data science libraries like Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras
- Proven proficiency with data analysis and ability to troubleshoot data issues
- 5-9+ years of experience with Linux/Unix Systems scripting.
- Experience in software engineering in Python and Scala
- Experiences using dev-ops tools (ex. Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops)
- Working knowledge of Agile software engineering processes.
- Able to develop/unit test and deploy complex data & analytic solutions
- Community developer presence (GitHub, apache, open-source projects, etc.)
- Advanced communication skills to present solutions clearly to the team and users.
- Able to mentor co-workers to expand overall team skills
- Positive attitude towards challenges.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks, and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe, and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
Diversity, Inclusion + Belongingness
Catalina is committed to investing in, empowering, and retaining a more inclusive community within our company. We are dedicated to hiring and cultivating diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and a voice to be heard. Our goal is to ensure that all our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel.
This job description intends to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
You currently have no Recent Jobs
- end-to-end omni-channel solution
- 650M shopper IDs Globally
- 80,000 category specific brand insights
- 35+ year high performing ROI
Optimize on Overdrive with Catalina
Catalina helps Retailers deliver campaigns with speed. Kick your optimization into overdrive - explore our open ecosystem of solutions at Catalina.com/Nerds.
Catalina provides data insights on 436 million buyer IDs to help clients spot trends, increase market share and drive sales. Become the nerd our customers need on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
At Catalina, we create love between people and products to unlock buyer insights, drive sales and boost bottom lines. Our customers love having a Catalina Nerd on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
The Birds and the Bees
At Catalina, we make it easy for clients to understand buyer behavior and connect with every market segment. Become a Catalina Nerd that our customers trust. Learn more about what we do at Catalina.com/Nerds.