Director, Brand Development (Sales)
Our team works with the largest grocery retailer in the Metro NY/Philadelphia Marketplace, Wakefern Food Corp. and Regional Grocery Retailers across the US. Our client contacts run across their organizations including Marketing; Merchandising; Own Brands; eComm/Digital; Shopper Marketing; Procurement and more. We have an onsite presence at Wakefern with a team of 7 which includes our analytic team comprising 3 individuals. What you bring to the team:
- Action oriented problem solver who can evaluate a situation and drive a successful outcome
- Possess a combination of sales skills, marketing knowledge and analytical ability
- Enjoy working with a close-knit group of individuals who have one goal in mind: Winning for the Customer
The Director of Brand Development may reside in the New Jersey, metro New York, or Philadelphia areas.
- Trusted marketing consultant that identifies client objectives and then sells outcome-based program designs that deliver measurable success against the clients’ success measures.
- Achieve revenue goals through the development of a business plan that incorporates Catalina’s capabilities and innovation to increase client penetration which leads to incremental revenue growth.
- Ability to think strategically while also maintaining a passion for tactical detail level execution.
- Build and manage relationships across multiple internal/external clients, multiple functions (marketing, merchandising, eComm/digital, operations) and at all levels of the organization.
- It is critical to possess a combination of sales skills, marketing knowledge and analytical ability.
- Analyze data to design efficient and effective program solutions.
- Manage multiple campaigns including revenue forecasting and the managing of programs, budgets and accounts receivable.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Six to Ten years previous sales/marketing experience in CPG industry, emphasis in marketing, promotion or sales.
- Retailer experience with Grocery and/or Drug retailers, Wakefern, Food City, Ingles and experience in eComm/digital/mobile roles in CPG industry plus.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and sales, with emphasis on the CPG manufacturer/retail sales environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface and sell at all levels of management.
- Proven track record of developing relationships with clients, co-workers, vendors and business partners.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Budget management, financial projection skills.
- Ability to work independent of supervision and make decisions of wide variety and complexity.
- Able to professionally perform multi-media sales presentations.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and proficiency with other basic software packages (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Onsite presence at client headquarters in Edison, NJ two days/week and travel as meetings and clients require.
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.