Director, Brand Analytics
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters (280 million) of American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading retailers and CPG brands. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
Client-facing position providing analytic leadership, creating customer insights, designing efficient & effective marketing programs, and measuring performance of marketing programs run by
Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturers. Analytic consultant to internal and external clients in developing and executing analytical projects which create a compelling story and provide strategic recommendations that deliver a measurable client business impact. Leverage one of the largest purchase behavior databases in the US, with three years of daily transactional and shopper data from over 30,000 stores, to develop innovative solutions to solve client problems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Think strategically about how Catalina can help address challenges being faced by Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturer’s brands and mine extensive Catalina databases to create value added insights and recommendations which drive incremental programming on the Catalina Network
- Design efficient & effective Catalina campaigns which maximize ROI for the client. Educate Sales partners and provide guidance on analytics best practices for program design and measurement
- Evaluate Catalina campaigns using appropriate analytical methods. Provide actionable recommendations for future programs.
- Perform simple to complex data analysis as required to meet the client’s analytical needs.
- Develop & deliver simple, impactful presentations which demonstrate the value of Catalina to the client.
- Work with Sales partners to build strong, collaborative relationships with CPG Manufacturer clients’ Brand Management and Market Research teams.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Master’s degree in Statistics or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in an analytical capacity, designing effective marketing campaigns, evaluating performance of marketing campaigns, developing customer segmentations, creating predictive models.
- Minimum of 1-2years’ recent experience in a client facing role.
- Experience with Consumer Packaged Goods or Pharmaceutical Manufacturer preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a command of quantitative methods and statistical applications
- Experience in the design and analysis of controlled experiments
- Recent depth and breadth in the professional use of at least one statistical software package (SAS, SPSS, R, and STATA). Experience using Python or R preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional consultative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Customer Focus (customer orientation; responsiveness; build partnerships; handle difficult situations; does not sacrifice quality to satisfy customer)
- Communication (listening skills; speaking and presentation skills; writing skills)
- Execution Skills (establish plans; develop systems and processes; work efficiently; detail orientation; multi-tasking; prioritizing)
- Critical Thinking Skills (generate new ideas, creates actionable insights, thinks strategically, create and foster change; creative problem-solving)
- Drive for Success (entrepreneurial; display initiative; accountability/ownership)
- Under general direction, works from policies and general objectives with moderate functional guidance.
- Exempt Individual Contributors
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Marketing Mix Modeling Experience
CATALINA’S CORE VALUES (REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB)
Be a trusted partner: Act with integrity and positive intent
Focus on the customer: Keep the needs of both internal and external customers as well as consumers front and center
Act like an owner: Think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our Mission
Be innovative: Share and scale the best ideas regardless of origin
Strive for simplicity: Add meaning and eliminate complexity
Value personal and professional growth: Contribute to an environment that enables individual, team and organizational success
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. Catalina will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.