Director, Brand Analytics
The US Brand Analytics team is responsible for providing analyses, insights and recommendations that address the business needs of the Catalina brand sales teams and CPG clients, in support of internal strategic projects and external customers. This team brings together strong technical and consultative skills, mining one of the largest purchase behavior databases in the US to develop innovative solutions or insights that solve client problems.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Brand Analytics. Candidate will work with high autonomy toward fulfilling goals and needs from CPG clients and Catalina sales teams.
Multiple Locations: This position can be staffed at our corporate headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL; our satellite office in downtown Cincinnati, OH; or either of our downtown WeWork locations in Atlanta and Chicago.
- Meet the CPG sales team and clients’ analytical needs by …
- Thinking strategically about how Catalina can help address challenges being faced by the client
- Mining extensive Catalina database to provide analytical insights that identify business opportunities and lead to improved campaign performance and new opportunities
- Improving Catalina’s targeting solutions to optimize the client’s strategies and value propositions
- Evaluating program performance using appropriate analyses
- Educating Sales partners on best practices for program design and measurement to maximize campaign ROI for the client
- Managing analytic project pipeline for assigned accounts, with accountability for scoping projects, setting timelines, and meeting promised delivery dates within agreed-upon SLA’s
- Develop & deliver simple, impactful presentations which demonstrate the value of Catalina to the client
- Present analytic insights, results, and recommendations—both to internal and external audiences—in a clear and compelling manner
- Guide sales partners on the use of internal and external insight dashboards to answer clients’ questions and lead to programming opportunities
- Work with Sales partners to build strong, collaborative relationships with CPG Manufacturer clients’ Brand Management and Market Research teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative field required; Masters Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in an analytical capacity
- Intermediate to advanced use of SQL programming
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python, R, and/or SAS; Python and/or R proficiency a plus
- 1+ years’ recent experience in a client facing role
- CPG industry experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to rapidly develop familiarity with proprietary data systems and IT infrastructure to support quantitative research projects
- Strong command of quantitative methods and statistical applications, including predictive modeling, ANCOVA, and experimental design
- Strong communication, presentation and client-facing consultative skills
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Experience with Cloud computing and usage a plus
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.