A rich digital and data playground where you can apply your analytics talents—that’s what you can expect to find on the Data Science and Analytics team at Catalina. Here, you will proactively generate impactful, sustainable technology solutions to gain deep insights into purchasing behavior. As part of a dynamic team, you will be challenged and supported as you drive insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Full Time
- Travel: Occasional
What makes a successful Data Science and Analytics employee at Catalina?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Analytical 10
- Results-driven 9
- Digitally Savvy 9
- Communicator 8
- Critical Thinker 8
- Strategic 7
Retirement Plans (With Match)
Flexible Time Off
Healthy Work/ Life Balance
Catalina is such a great place to leverage data science. Our shopper data is vast and granular, and our clients face an increasingly competitive landscape. The opportunities to help are endless.Wes Chaar, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer
Senior Analytics Consultant - Retail
The Retail Analytics team is responsible for providing analyses, insights and recommendations that address the business needs of the Catalina retail sales team or the retail client, in support of internal strategic projects and external retailers. These analyses, insights and recommendations—whether based on standard reports or custom analyses—should serve as the basis for discussions with the retail sales team and client, provide actionable insights and recommendations that address client strategies, initiatives, and objectives.
The position will report to Executive Director of Retail Analytics. Candidate will work with high autonomy toward fulfilling goals and needs from Catalina retail sales teams or retail clients.
- Meet the retail sales team and client’s analytical needs by …
- Thinking strategically about how Catalina can help address challenges being faced by the retailer
- Mining extensive Catalina database to provide analytical insights that identify business opportunities and lead to improved campaign performance and new retailer initiatives
- Providing targeting solutions that optimize the retailer’s strategies and value propositions
- Evaluating program performance using appropriate analyses
- Performing ad hoc, custom analyses
- Develop & deliver simple, impactful presentations which demonstrate the value of Catalina to the client
- Present analytic insights, results, and recommendations—both to internal and external audiences—in a clear and compelling manner
- Work with Executive Director of Retail Analytics and the retail sales team to build strong, collaborative relationships with key contacts at assigned accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) required
- Minimum of 5-8 years of working experience in CRM and marketing optimization in an analytical capacity
- Expert level coding using one of the following languages: Python, R or SAS in a quantitative, analytical capacity
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ recent experience in a client facing role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, stong abilities on data visualization and insights interpretation
- Strong command on quantitative methods and statistical applications
- Strong communication, presentation and client-facing consultative skills
Additional Preferred Skills
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Marketing Research or other quantitative oriented fields (Decision Sciences, etc.) preferred
- Statistical modeling and segmentation experience a plus
- Experience in a CPG, retail or data-driven environment helpful
- Experience with Cloud computing and usage a plus
- Experience in a highly independent function a HUGE plus
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
You currently have no Recent Jobs
- end-to-end omni-channel solution
- 650M shopper IDs Globally
- 80,000 category specific brand insights
- 35+ year high performing ROI
1:1 with Catalina CEO, Jerry Sokol
Hear what CEO, Jerry Sokol has to say about what’s ahead and why it’s an exciting time to be at Catalina.