Executive Director, Brand Development - Retail
You will be joining Catalina’s US Retail team; regarded in the industry as best-in-class in driving sales, increasing loyalty and reducing costs for retailers everywhere. With access to the world’s largest consumer behavior database, you will be part of a unique sales team which provides insights and value, resulting in being viewed as indispensable partners by our retail partners.
This person may sit at any Central or Northeast Catalina site or work remotely. The Executive Director, Brand Development - Retail requires a “start-up” mindset; is a true self-starter role, requires the ability to both collaborate as a member of a team and work well independently, can gain access to, build relationships with, and strategically influence the C-suite of new and potential retail clients. Working closely with cross-functional teams, this role requires developing unique business solutions grounded in Catalina’s Retail Value Proposition. Principle duties include but are not limited to:
- Evangelize the new and transformed Catalina portfolio of Digital, Data and Analytics based solutions
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of retail marketing, operations and category management principles across a range of retail verticals including c-store, mass, dollar, pet, natural and organics, grocery and drug, among others.
- Work in a team environment to set and define strategy, identify and engage required internal resources for goal achievement, and aggressively embrace and deliver on retail network expansion goals
- Comprehend and articulate a complicated and detailed value proposition and solution set requiring modification to align with varying client requirements
- Be committed to building long range client partnerships
- Penetrate and build relationships at the C-suite of assigned new retail accounts
- Work collaboratively with Catalina’s cross-functional Analytics, Product, and Tech teams to develop custom solutions aimed at addressing retail partners’ loyalty marketing issues
- Secure meetings with decision makers and build strong internal relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Develop and present value-added proposals to specific retail clients
- Demonstrate commitment to utilize internal CRM process to maximize business growth
- Participate in industry associations for the purpose of expansion of the Catalina brand, new account prospecting, and partnership development
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 8 -10 years previous sales/marketing experience in US Retail industry, digital media, emphasis in marketing, promotion or sales
- Experience in C-store channels
- Detailed and disciplined reporting and communication skills
- Proven track record of developing relationships with clients, co-workers, and business partners
- Lead cross-functional teams to a common goal within established guidelines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Budget management, financial projection skills
- Ability to work independent of supervision and make decisions of wide variety and complexity
- Able to professionally perform multi-media sales presentations
- Keen organization and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and proficiency with other basic software packages (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Operates with a high sense of urgency while maintaining a strategic mindset
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of agreements
- Without fail, embody Catalina values
- Ability to travel as needed
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.