Director of New Business Development
We are highly motivated group that is privileged to work with the country’s largest CPG companies. We specialize in strategic development of Catalina’s largest and most innovative clients. A passion for innovation and entrepreneurship drives our group to deliver the best performing marketing activation and attribution solutions within the industry!
We also leverage the industry’s largest purchase based data set to allow CPG clients to identify the precision audiences that drive conversion.
A passion for innovation and entrepreneurship drives our group to deliver the best performing marketing activation and attribution solutions within the industry!
Location: This person may sit at the Chicago Catalina site or work remotely from the Midwest or Northeastern US areas.
The Director of Brand Development – CPG New Business is responsible for driving new sales revenue and securing new CPG business. This individual will leverage Catalina’s industry-leading innovation to maintain and grow his/her customer accounts, optimizing revenue opportunities.
- Be committed to creating new business opportunities and securing business for Catalina
- Use data, research, and insights to grow business within assigned client group
- Sell a product mix to ensure success; with a strong emphasis on digital solutions
- Manage relationships across multiple clients, functions internal and external (brand marketing, field sales, consumer promotion, analytics, digital) and at all levels of the organization
- Primarily responsible for penetrating and driving new business with under-developed, lapsed or new CPG brands within assigned manufacturer clients.
- Accurately forecast, track, and report revenue
- Meet and exceed revenue goals
- Creatively leverage shopper & brand insights to drive client engagement and develop compelling events that lead to selling opportunities.
- Other relevant duties related to client and relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years of experience selling to new clients/attracting new business
- Industry: CPG, Marketing, Media, Advertising, Measurement, or related
- Passionate about selling and creating value for customers
- Self-motivated, creative, results driven, and solution-oriented
- Print, digital and attribution products
- Selling multiple / integrated products
- Selling to Consumer Packaged Goods companies
- Proven experience and continual development of proficiency with solution selling and closing opportunities
- Exhibit strong skills in: problem resolution, overcoming objections, initiative, conceptual selling, presentation delivery, negotiation, innovation, and managing multiple priorities
- Experience with syndicated CPG data (Nielsen, IRI, Catalina, etc.)
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.