A rich digital and data playground where you can apply your analytics talents—that’s what you can expect to find on the Data Science and Analytics team at Catalina. Here, you will proactively generate impactful, sustainable technology solutions to gain deep insights into purchasing behavior. As part of a dynamic team, you will be challenged and supported as you drive insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Full Time
- Travel: Occasional
What makes a successful Data Science and Analytics employee at Catalina?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Analytical 10
- Results-driven 9
- Digitally Savvy 9
- Communicator 8
- Critical Thinker 8
- Strategic 7
Flexible Time Off
Healthy Work/ Life Balance
Catalina is such a great place to leverage data science. Our shopper data is vast and granular, and our clients face an increasingly competitive landscape. The opportunities to help are endless.Wes Chaar, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer
Associate Data Scientist
The Digital Analytics team at Catalina is responsible for driving targeting and measurement capabilities across an ever-growing suite of digital products. The team works with internal and external clients providing analytically based solutions, consulting, and delivery. This position will report to the Executive Director of Digital Analytics.
- Deliver custom analytic requests and exploratory analysis
- Provide consultative analytical support to sales, product, and client teams
- Support advanced predictive modeling initiatives that align with business objectives
- Run and produce standard measurement products for internal client teams
- Streamline current measurement codes and assist in automation efforts
- Research and test new measurement and targeting methodologies using machine learning techniques
- Work with internal stakeholders to communicate results, methodologies, and training
- Masters in statistics, computer science, math, physics, engineering, or similar hard science
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Strong programming aptitude. Can and wants to adapt to different languages and systems. (SAS, SQL, Python, R, Cloud environments, ect)
- Experience building and implementing predictive models
- Experience working on open ended custom analytic requests
- Drive to find answers, motivation to learn and adaptive to changing business needs
- Enjoys being in the data and finding value/insight
- Dedication and perseverance to overcome data, analytical, and/or technical challenges
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
Diversity, Inclusion + Belongingness
Catalina is committed to investing in, empowering, and retaining a more inclusive community within our company. We are dedicated to hiring and cultivating diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and a voice to be heard. Our goal is to ensure all of our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
You currently have no Recent Jobs
- end-to-end omni-channel solution
- 650M shopper IDs Globally
- 80,000 category specific brand insights
- 35+ year high performing ROI
Catalina provides data insights on 436 million buyer IDs to help clients spot trends, increase market share and drive sales. Become the nerd our customers need on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
At Catalina, we create love between people and products to unlock buyer insights, drive sales and boost bottom lines. Our customers love having a Catalina Nerd on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
The Birds and the Bees
At Catalina, we make it easy for clients to understand buyer behavior and connect with every market segment. Become a Catalina Nerd that our customers trust. Learn more about what we do at Catalina.com/Nerds.