Senior Data Scientist
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters of (280 million) American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving all personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading CPG brands and retailers. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
The Digital Analytics team at Catalina is responsible for driving targeting and measurement capabilities across an ever-growing suite of digital products. The team works with internal and external clients providing analytically based solutions, consulting, and delivery.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead custom analytic requests and exploratory analysis
- Support and/or lead advanced predictive modeling initiatives that align with business objectives
- Run and produce standard measurement products for internal client teams
- Streamline current measurement codes and assist in automation efforts
- Research and test new measurement and targeting methodologies using machine learning techniques
- Support and/or build user-interfaces, or BI solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to communicate results, methodologies, and training
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Masters in statistics, computer science, math, physics, optimization, engineering, or similar hard science. PhD preferred.
- At least 8 years post education experience
- Strong programming aptitude. Can and wants to adapt to different languages and systems. (SAS, SQL, Python, R, Shiny, Hadoop, Hive, Cloud environments, ect).
- Experience building and implementing predictive models
- Experience working on open ended custom analytic requests
- Drive to find answers, motivation to learn and adaptive to changing business needs
- Enjoys being in the data and finding value/insight
- Dedication and perseverance to overcome data, analytical, and/or technical challenges
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Digital advertising experience
- Enjoys latitude to create and make an impact
CATALINA CORE VALUES
Be a trusted partner: Act with integrity and positive intent
Focus on the customer: Keep the needs of both internal and external customers as well as
consumers front and center
Act like an owner: Think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our Mission
Be innovative: Share and scale the best ideas regardless of origin
Strive for simplicity: Add meaning and eliminate complexity
Value personal and professional growth: Contribute to an environment that enables
individual, team and organizational success
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. Catalina will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.