A rich digital and data playground where you can apply your analytics talents—that’s what you can expect to find on the Data Science and Analytics team at Catalina. Here, you will proactively generate impactful, sustainable technology solutions to gain deep insights into purchasing behavior. As part of a dynamic team, you will be challenged and supported as you drive insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Full Time
- Travel: Occasional
What makes a successful Data Science and Analytics employee at Catalina?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Analytical 10
- Results-driven 9
- Digitally Savvy 9
- Communicator 8
- Critical Thinker 8
- Strategic 7
Retirement Plans (With Match)
Flexible Time Off
Healthy Work/ Life Balance
Catalina is such a great place to leverage data science. Our shopper data is vast and granular, and our clients face an increasingly competitive landscape. The opportunities to help are endless.Wes Chaar, PhD, Chief Data and Analytics Officer
Advanced Analytics and Data Science Internship
The Advanced Analytics and Data Science team at Catalina operates near the tip of spear, creating new, world-class science-based capabilities for external and internal clients, shepherding these initiatives from initial concept, prototyping / proof-of-concept, design, build, testing, training, and handoff. We use advanced machine learning, data science, operations research, statistics, and related analytics methodologies, operating on big data and delivered on a scalable computing platform using modern technologies. We illustrate value and drive to bring these capabilities to initial production and ensure that these initiatives are successful when we hand off.
Catalina’s Advanced Analytics and Data Science Internship Program offers a powerful and unique experience for top Data Science graduate students interested in pursuing a technical career with the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving unparalleled personalization. The Advanced Analytics and Data Science Internship Program develops future Catalina Data Science experts who can innovate and drive solutions for Catalina’s internal and external customers.
- Participants in this program enjoy a diverse and challenging set of assignments, focused technical and business training, mentoring, and coaching
- Participants are well prepared to take on roles that will accelerate their career and drive innovation at Catalina
- You want to develop skills and industry experience while working on machine learning-based products that have an impact on real customers.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features or research topics directly affecting services for our users
- Managing data pipelines, formulating mathematical models in python and keras and running distributed training on Azure
- Carefully validate and test models to ensure adequacy, or determine need for reformulation
- Intensive technical training
- Working towards an advanced degree in machine learning, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or related discipline
- Academic or professional/internship experience with python, R, or machine learning frameworks (e.g., keras, sk-learn, tensorflow), and familiarity with C/C++ or Java/Scala.
- Experience with technologies such as spark, Databricks, hadoop, etc.
- Experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting is a plus.
- Good verbal communications, as well as the ability to construct cogent design documents, emails and PowerPoints
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You will be expected to embrace the challenges, learn fast and deliver great results
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting environment!
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a global team in our Atlanta Office
- Atlanta-based (Will entertain candidates willing to relocate to Atlanta)
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and passion to deliver new solutions for the next generation of technology
Catalina is a recognized leader in highly targeted, personalized digital media that drives, tracks and measures sales lift for leading CPG retailers and brands. Powered by the most extensive shopper database in the world, Catalina's mobile, online and in-store networks personalize the consumer's path to purchase, delivering $7.9 billion in relevant consumer value each year. Catalina has no higher priority than ensuring the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us and maintaining the consumer trust paramount to the continued success of our business partners and Catalina. Based in St. Petersburg, FL, Catalina has operations in the United States, Europe and Japan. To learn more, please visit www.catalina.com or follow us on Twitter @Catalina.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
You currently have no Recent Jobs
- end-to-end omni-channel solution
- 650M shopper IDs Globally
- 80,000 category specific brand insights
- 35+ year high performing ROI
Catalina provides data insights on 436 million buyer IDs to help clients spot trends, increase market share and drive sales. Become the nerd our customers need on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
At Catalina, we create love between people and products to unlock buyer insights, drive sales and boost bottom lines. Our customers love having a Catalina Nerd on their side. Learn how we help retailers and brands drive results at Catalina.com/Nerds.
The Birds and the Bees
At Catalina, we make it easy for clients to understand buyer behavior and connect with every market segment. Become a Catalina Nerd that our customers trust. Learn more about what we do at Catalina.com/Nerds.